The other day, as I drove through the countryside I spotted a coyote. I was so thrilled and honored to see wildlife that I was not accustomed to. I took pleasure in seeing the creature roam so closely to the road as I sat all safe and secure in my protective metal shell. As I shared my little slice of pleasure of the day, I realized that there are plenty of people out there who don’t share my excitement… mainly (I assume) the area’s cattle farmers.
I often take pleasure in things that would typically irritate normal people. I’m not sure why, but as the new popular phrase goes, “it is what it is”. I started thinking about what some of those irritating things are, and here’s what I could come up with, which I am sure it’s just a small fraction of my irritations:
- The biggest one is snow. I LOVE the ice and snow. I know that there is a battle out there, between the bigger, stronger Hot-Weather team and my team, the Cold-Snow team.
- I love garlic. That may not sound so irritating, but when it comes to pickled garlic, Russian style, well, lets say I know a few people who don’t appreciate me when I eat the pungent morsels of goodness.
- I love watching the squirrels at a rest stop on our way to the valley… some people can’t stand the rodents.
- Due to my upbringing in New Zealand, I happen to enjoy Vegemite. In case my American readers don’t know what it is, it’s a yeasty, salty, black paste that can be spread on bread or toast and is often a breakfast or lunch food Down Under. Most Americans that I have met can’t stand the stuff. When I want my husband to give me a bit of breathing room, I go and eat the yummy black goo. It works every time.
- I love, love, love, loud, fast tempo music full of bass. There’s something about the energy it creates. I have been told in the past that I was wierd because normally females like quiet, slow, sappy love songs. Not this one, that’s for sure!
- I think it is absolutely wonderful that we have deer roaming our neighborhood and we even have some that actually bed down in our yard. I know for a fact that there are people in our town that would sadly love to see them gone.
- My secret pleasure is to fill a mug with chocolate cake, then drench it with cold milk, making it a pile of delectable chocolatey goo. Mmmm. Some say that is simply gross.
So this is a warning. If you find any of these offensive, look out… I may be nearby and my freak flag will be flying, and it may cause you some irritation.